Speaker. Founder. VR geek.
Bringing virtual reality out of the tech world into the real world.
- Founder of Veero, opening London’s first virtual reality cinema in 2018. Experience Veero and the world of VR film at one of our pop-ups, or bring Veero to your next event.
- Conference speaker, including SXSW, Cannes Lions and London Tech Week.
- Formerly COO at Decoded, helping empower people at multinationals with digital skills and a startup mindset.
- Co-founder of Series Q, a non-profit with a mission to empower LGBT+ entrepreneurs.
- Optimistic to the point of delusion. Addicted to the 21st century.
It all started when Barry was given a Nintendo Virtual Boy in the late 1990s. Ever since then, he has been obsessed with Virtual Reality.
Inspired by the endless stream of people turning up at his apartment to play around on his HTC Vive, he founded Veero, a location-based entertainment startup focusing on immersive independent film. Or put more simply: London's first VR cinema.
Prior to Veero, Barry was a furtive entrepreneur in the corporate world, firstly in advertising at Ogilvy & Mather then in consulting at Bain & Company.
In 2013 he joined Decoded as COO, leading growth from 7 people in a cupboard to a global team of over 100 in three years, scaling through international expansion to New York, Sydney and Amsterdam. Decoded delivers technology education that changes the way businesses behave. Tens of thousands of business people now have digital skills thanks to their signature product "Code in a Day".
Barry holds an MBA from Columbia Business School and makes seriously good homemade soup.