Tech Entrepreneur, Startup Advisor,
Speaker, Writer & Founder.
Talk to me about Strategy, International Expansion & Growth.
- Founder of Veero, London’s first virtual reality cinema. Bring a VR pop-up to your next event.
- Forbes contributor, writing about the intersection between immersive technology, business and modern life.
- Conference speaker, including SXSW, Cannes Lions and London Tech Week.
- Formerly COO at Decoded, helping empower people at multinationals with digital skills and a startup mindset.
- Co-founder and chair of Series Q, a non-profit community for LGBTQ people at startups.
startup consulting and advisory
Ask me how I can help your business think about:
- International expansion: formulate a strategy to take your business to overseas markets.
- Business models: whether it's evaluating a new opportunity, building some financial rigour around your existing business, or developing a five-year plan with cash flow requirements and revenue projections; a solid business model will underpin all communication with potential investors.
- Pitch decks and marketing: build a narrative that successfully communicates your business (or personal story) to investors, press, potential hires, and the wider community; combining storytelling with analytical rigour.
- Scaling operations: build internal processes and systems that enable your business to successfully scale.
- People development: help your people build leadership, management and teamwork skills, with a digital focus.
- Growth strategy: define, prioritise and evaluate your strategies for growth, whatever form that might take.
Prior to his tech start-up life, Barry was a furtive entrepreneur in the corporate world, firstly in advertising at Ogilvy & Mather then in consulting at Bain & Company.
In 2013 he joined Decoded as COO, leading growth from 7 people in a cupboard to a global team of over 100 in three years, scaling through international expansion to New York, Sydney and Amsterdam. Decoded delivers technology education that changes the way businesses behave. Tens of thousands of business people now have digital skills thanks to their signature product "Code in a Day".
Inspired by the endless stream of people turning up at his apartment to play around on his HTC Vive, he founded Veero, which operates pop-up Virtual Reality cinema events.
Barry is also a co-founder of Series Q, a non-profit with a mission to empower LGBT entrepreneurs; and sits on the advisory board of EurOut at London Business School.
He is a regular speaker at conferences including Cannes Lions, London Tech Week and SXSW.
Barry holds an MBA from Columbia Business School and makes seriously good homemade soup.